Watch this page for latest Rec-O-Quip news below.
Be sure to sign up for our email newsletters here and manage your preferences.
We have delivered a tobacco harvester from France, the KIRPY RMTD 03 Tobacco harvester, to a tobacco farm in Limpopo. This harvester is able to cut 2200 stalks/ hr. Aimed at harvesting brown and burley tobacco, the stalks are cut flush with the ground, notch for hanging up to the drier and automatic loading on the trailer, without manual intervention.
Some photos from the tobacco farm in the Limpopo area:
I would like to thank all customers for their support through 2018 and we look forward to doing business with you in 2019.
We want you to ‘’INVEST INTO QUALITY EQUIPMENT’’ to ensure your workmanship is guaranteed to the end customer and that your equipment lasts way past expiry date.
Our latest delivery has been the first week of January 2019 for the Western Cape Government, department of transport and public works, mechanical works.
The unit was received by Handre Strydom (Chief Engineer) and Robert Sutherland (Head of mechanical workshops). Both have 35+ years each working with Department of transport and public works and have over the years gained vast experience in selecting quality equipment needed.
This innovative stone crusher FAE STC 200 from Italy, had to compete with other competitors in the market and after a number of comparisons and strict requirements by the Chief Engineer to meet quality, efficiency and aggregate size, this unit was the choice.
This stone crusher will reduce the need to mine material to repair roads, (currently expensive permits are required to mine material) the existing in-situ material will be ripped and the stone crusher will breakdown the material to a uniform -20mm size, then graded and compacted. There is no need for grid rollers or tipper trucks, so there is a large reduced plant cost for road repairs. The stone crusher is compact and can be moved easily.
Rec-o-quip offer’s many other types of stone crushers from FAE, for soil stabilization and deeper penetration.
Steven Harmsen (Rec-o-quip)/ Handre Strydom (Chief Engineer)/ Robert Sutherland (Head of mechanical workshop)
Robert Sutherland (Head mechanical workshop) / Steven Harmsen (Rec-o-quip) / Handre Strydom (Chief Engineer)
We have also received an order for tobacco harvesters from France, KIRPY with their RMTD 03 Tobacco harvester. This harvester is able to cut 2200 stalks/ hr. Aimed at harvesting brown and burley tobacco, the stalks are cut flush with the ground, notch for hanging up to the drier and automatic loading on the trailer, without manual intervention. We will post this news after delivery in March 2019.
For more information on the products mentioned above, you are welcome to download the brochures below:
Sustainable energy recovery from waste plastic, tyres and crude oil sludge
- This process involves the thermal cracking to reduce larger molecules of raw waste into smaller one’s resulting in oil, gas and carbon black (charcoal) to produce industrial grade oil (fuel). The pyrolysis reaction occurs in the presence of a catalyst and the absence of oxygen at a reaction temperature of 350-450 degree C. Hydrocarbon gas produced in process is used to achieve reaction temperature.
- This recycled produced oil will be used as a replacement to diesel in:
-Thermal and Electric generators (slow speed)
-Boilers and furnaces
-Bitumen hot mix plants
-Hot air and water generators
-Thermal fluid heaters
– Tractors/ Trucks (and if distilled further into vehicle fuel)
– Pyrolysis oil will have an income yield of 500 USD- 700USD/ton
- Raw waste material (FEED STOCK) consists of:
– Waste plastic, post-consumer, carry bags, laminates, packaging
– Paper recycling waste from mill waste with 50% oil yield
– MSW segregated waste with oil yield of 70%
– Electronic scrap
– Mixed plastic (HDPE, LDPE, PE and PP derivatives 95% suitable, NYLON, TEFLON, PS, ABS, FRP)
-Multi layered plastic and packaging
-Waste tires, nylon and rubber
-Plastic or rubber parts from vehicles
-Waste oils, engine oil, cooking oils, crude sludge and animal fat
CARBON BLACK- ACTIVATED CARBON (ABSORBTIVE NATURE-ALKALI):
- Byproducts produced, such as gas and carbon black, are sold off into various industries for:
-Solid fuel, charcoal bricks
-Filler in plastic recycling plants
-Air conditioning (smell reduction)
-Cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry
-Carbon black can yield a return value 15 USD to 60 USD/ton
HIGH VALUE PRODUCTS:
-Lubricating grease and oils with a yield of return of 1500 USD – 6000USD/ ton
-Electricity production of 2,5-3 Kwh/litre of oil
OUR PROJECT BRIEF – DETAILS OF THE PLANT
- No need for segregation or cleaning of raw material, however a tolerance of 5% of dust and 5% moisture and volume of PVC less than 1 % and PET should be less than 5% of the mix.
- Gas generated is reused in the process as source of heat for conducting the reaction.
- 95% conversion of waste to oil is achieved
- Low cost production
- 90% of the plant consists of non-moving parts
- No external fuel required
- Plant sizes available 3tpd (900tons/yr) / 6tpd (1800t/yr) /12tpd (3600t/yr)
- Catalyst consumption varies, details after feasibility study is done on test material.
- Water consumption (3tpd- 200L/day) (6tpd- 400L/day) (12tpd- 600L/day)
- Area requires (3tpd) outside- 600m2 / undercover 250m2; (6tpd) 1000m2 out / 500m2 under; (12tpd) 1800m2 out / 750m2 under.
- Lead time for 12tpd plant 60-75 days to manufacture and install
- Plastic oil yield: (3tpd) 2100L/day; (6tpd) 4200L/ day; (12tpd) 8400L/day
- Tyre oil yield: (3tpd) 1350L/day; (6tpd) 2700L/day; (12tpd) 5400L/day
- Carbon black from plastic: (3tpd) 540 kg/day; (6tpd) 1080kg/day; (12tpd) 2160kg/day
- Carbon black from Tyre: (3tpd) 1050 kg/day; (6tpd) 2100kg/day; (12tpd) 4200kg/day
- Estimated payback period 12tpd 2 years
- Oil production cost estimate at R3,12c/L (at exchange rate R13,50 to USD)
ABOUT THE PYROLYSIS PLANT:
- The plant is fully automated with ease of cleaning without dismantling.
- No manual handling of carbon black.
- No heating and cooling cycles.
- Automated firing systems.
- Safety aspects of the plant include; airlock feeding, low pressure operation, carbon removal by closed system, no direct heating, certified firing system, Scrubbing system consists of NO Spm, chemical or thermal emissions exceeding limits.
- Compliant with EU emission standards
- 1 ton of plastic can yield as much as 700 litres of fuel
- Plastic can yield 70-90% oil with 5-8% carbon black
- Tyres can yield 40-45% oil with 30-35% carbon black
- 10 tons of plastic waste can produce 6000-9000 litres of industrial pyrolysis oil
- 7000 litres of oil (fuel) can be used to generate 1 MW/hr of power
- Quality of industrial oil (fuel) is more than 95% match to current vehicle grade fuel
- This plant will provide 300 days per year of operation with 100% environmental compliance and zero industrial effluent technology.
- This plant will require raw materials and therefore create work for the unskilled workers.
- This plant will offer an alternative supply of fuel/ power to your current recycling plant yard or other industrial/ transport business operations.
- Catalysts will be suggested for various types of waste to ensure the quality of the pyrolysis oil and add to the functioning of the plant reactor.
- NOAH agent is used in the scrubber, alkaline based and absorbs any excess flue gases in the scrubber.
ESTABLISHING THE PLANT
The first step to establishing a plant is to do a feasibility study to establish the quality of products and their yield. With an advanced study we can recommend high value products (such as lubricants) which will generate larger income. With all the information in place we then create a financial package so you will know the quality of the products produced and operational costs. There are costs to do the feasibility study. One of the most important pieces of equipment associated to pyrolysis plant is the shredder required to continuously feed this plant, our shredders from BANO are the world leaders of shredders and ensure low maintenance, strength and power. These shredder are also able to shred all the materials for Pyrolysis plant and can be used to shred other products not for pyrolysis.
We had a great time at the IFAT Africa show, meeting many individuals and companies from the water and waste recycling sectors. We were especially excited to explain the pyrolysis process and the benefits of this technology to our visitors. Read more about this in our next article. Below are some images from the event.
The IFAT AFRICA show is around the corner. We will be displaying our products and services and we hope to see you there!
BANO is a leading supplier in the world of specialised shredders and processing plants for all types of waste, Metals, paper, plastic, wood, food, medical and tire’s
Customised plants offered are static or mobile, Bano has the largest test facility to allow customers to visist to ensure they are happy with production and quality of equipment offered.
Photos of current metal shredding plant being installed in cape town South Africa.
VTN provides heavy duty buckets and attachments to the mining industry, with many years of experience.
VTN prides itself as the largest and oldest supplier of heavy construction equipment in Italy.
We have increased our range with HAMMER who offer a vast range to fit your machine. Biggest supplier in Italy with a proven track record, strong reliable design with low maintenance and greater power.
HAMMER also offer various other attachments like; quick couplers, sorting grabs, pulverisers, shears, crusher buckets and more.
Recoquip has aftersales service and can assist with installation and quick parts back up.
Luxtower will present their latest developments at the SAMOTER fair in Verona from 22 – 25 February 2017.
Luxtower recently renewed their fleet, adding important new avant-garde machines. They have four major classes of machines:
– Hydraulic lifting Lighting towers with integrated generator
– Manual lifting Lighting towers with integrated generator
– Lighting towers powered by the external network, connectable in series
– Lighting towers battery pack and hybrid
LUX B10M is the latest new, battery pack lighting tower 36 h running time with 4x90W LED floodlights for 2000 sqm illuminated area. No noise emission, no maintenance, no carbon emissions and no fuel costs. Revolutionary!
Please view our latest industry newsletters for an overview of the products we offer.