- Pyrocrat is a company that operates out of India and is directly involved with MSW disposal in India and through this they have developed Pyrolysis technology from monitoring their own projects and have supplied plants over the last 9 years to more than 20 customers.
- The Pyrocrat system has zero emission and complies with EU standards, making pyrolysis an environmental success.
- Pyrocrat has created a business for waste products that have low or NO resale value in the recycling market and sometimes end up on the landfill site (what we call end of life products) and turning them into high value products through a process of depolymerisation (Pyrolysis).
- Pyrocrat has created pyrolysis plants that solve waste disposal issues and operate as a full scale industrial manufacturing plants, yielding products of high value and quality with profitable returns at low operational costs.
- PYROCRAT have achieved worldwide approval and success.
Sustainable energy recovery from waste plastic, tyres and crude oil sludge
- This process involves the thermal cracking to reduce larger molecules of raw waste into smaller one’s resulting in oil, gas and carbon black (charcoal) to produce industrial grade oil (fuel). The pyrolysis reaction occurs in the presence of a catalyst and the absence of oxygen at a reaction temperature of 350-450 degree C. Hydrocarbon gas produced in process is used to achieve reaction temperature.
- This recycled produced oil will be used as a replacement to diesel in:
-Thermal and Electric generators (slow speed)
-Boilers and furnaces
-Bitumen hot mix plants
-Hot air and water generators
-Thermal fluid heaters
– Tractors/ Trucks (and if distilled further into vehicle fuel)
– Pyrolysis oil will have an income yield of 500 USD- 700USD/ton
- Raw waste material (FEED STOCK) consists of:
– Waste plastic, post-consumer, carry bags, laminates, packaging
– Paper recycling waste from mill waste with 50% oil yield
– MSW segregated waste with oil yield of 70%
– Electronic scrap
– Mixed plastic (HDPE, LDPE, PE and PP derivatives 95% suitable, NYLON, TEFLON, PS, ABS, FRP)
-Multi layered plastic and packaging
-Waste tires, nylon and rubber
-Plastic or rubber parts from vehicles
-Waste oils, engine oil, cooking oils, crude sludge and animal fat
CARBON BLACK- ACTIVATED CARBON (ABSORBTIVE NATURE-ALKALI):
- Byproducts produced, such as gas and carbon black, are sold off into various industries for:
-Solid fuel, charcoal bricks
-Filler in plastic recycling plants
-Air conditioning (smell reduction)
-Cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry
-Carbon black can yield a return value 15 USD to 60 USD/ton
HIGH VALUE PRODUCTS:
-Lubricating grease and oils with a yield of return of 1500 USD – 6000USD/ ton
-Electricity production of 2,5-3 Kwh/litre of oil
OUR PROJECT BRIEF – DETAILS OF THE PLANT
- No need for segregation or cleaning of raw material, however a tolerance of 5% of dust and 5% moisture and volume of PVC less than 1 % and PET should be less than 5% of the mix.
- Gas generated is reused in the process as source of heat for conducting the reaction.
- 95% conversion of waste to oil is achieved
- Low cost production
- 90% of the plant consists of non-moving parts
- No external fuel required
- Plant sizes available 3tpd (900tons/yr) / 6tpd (1800t/yr) /12tpd (3600t/yr)
- Catalyst consumption varies, details after feasibility study is done on test material.
- Water consumption (3tpd- 200L/day) (6tpd- 400L/day) (12tpd- 600L/day)
- Area requires (3tpd) outside- 600m2 / undercover 250m2; (6tpd) 1000m2 out / 500m2 under; (12tpd) 1800m2 out / 750m2 under.
- Lead time for 12tpd plant 60-75 days to manufacture and install
- Plastic oil yield: (3tpd) 2100L/day; (6tpd) 4200L/ day; (12tpd) 8400L/day
- Tyre oil yield: (3tpd) 1350L/day; (6tpd) 2700L/day; (12tpd) 5400L/day
- Carbon black from plastic: (3tpd) 540 kg/day; (6tpd) 1080kg/day; (12tpd) 2160kg/day
- Carbon black from Tyre: (3tpd) 1050 kg/day; (6tpd) 2100kg/day; (12tpd) 4200kg/day
- Estimated payback period 12tpd 2 years
- Oil production cost estimate at R3,12c/L (at exchange rate R13,50 to USD)
ABOUT THE PYROLYSIS PLANT:
- The plant is fully automated with ease of cleaning without dismantling.
- No manual handling of carbon black.
- No heating and cooling cycles.
- Automated firing systems.
- Safety aspects of the plant include; airlock feeding, low pressure operation, carbon removal by closed system, no direct heating, certified firing system, Scrubbing system consists of NO Spm, chemical or thermal emissions exceeding limits.
- Compliant with EU emission standards
- 1 ton of plastic can yield as much as 700 litres of fuel
- Plastic can yield 70-90% oil with 5-8% carbon black
- Tyres can yield 40-45% oil with 30-35% carbon black
- 10 tons of plastic waste can produce 6000-9000 litres of industrial pyrolysis oil
- 7000 litres of oil (fuel) can be used to generate 1 MW/hr of power
- Quality of industrial oil (fuel) is more than 95% match to current vehicle grade fuel
- This plant will provide 300 days per year of operation with 100% environmental compliance and zero industrial effluent technology.
- This plant will require raw materials and therefore create work for the unskilled workers.
- This plant will offer an alternative supply of fuel/ power to your current recycling plant yard or other industrial/ transport business operations.
- Catalysts will be suggested for various types of waste to ensure the quality of the pyrolysis oil and add to the functioning of the plant reactor.
- NOAH agent is used in the scrubber, alkaline based and absorbs any excess flue gases in the scrubber.
ESTABLISHING THE PLANT
The first step to establishing a plant is to do a feasibility study to establish the quality of products and their yield. With an advanced study we can recommend high value products (such as lubricants) which will generate larger income. With all the information in place we then create a financial package so you will know the quality of the products produced and operational costs. There are costs to do the feasibility study. One of the most important pieces of equipment associated to pyrolysis plant is the shredder required to continuously feed this plant, our shredders from BANO are the world leaders of shredders and ensure low maintenance, strength and power. These shredder are also able to shred all the materials for Pyrolysis plant and can be used to shred other products not for pyrolysis.
To learn more about Pyrocrat and the pyrolysis process please download the pdf below.